This 50km looped route covers some of the best of the Chilterns countryside. Starting and finishing at the base camp in Henley-on-Thames, there's a Saturday night celebration BBQ and entertainment, with camping options.
Passing through nature reserves and forests, and over hills with great views, it's a route with real variety, and some wonderful scenery. All easily accessible from London too!
With 25km options available, and a chance to run, walk, or jog your way through, there's a Chiltern Challenge here for everyone! Your entry includes free food and drink at regular rest stops, plus support including medics, marshals and massage. As you cross the finish line, you’ll get a glass of fizz, t-shirt, and a medal to commemorate your achievement.
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people at this event please visit the Chiltern 50 Challenge event site by clicking here. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that if 50% of the fundraising total is not reached, as agreed with the event organisers, then your place will be cancelled.
YOUR FUNDRAISING AND DISTANCE OPTIONS:
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
25km – £10 reg fee + £250 in fundraising
50km – £20 reg fee + £395 in fundraising
Mixed Funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target.
25km – £45 reg fee + £135 in fundraising
50km – £72.50 reg fee + £218 in fundraising
Self Funding – pay the full cost and fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, which means there no cost to the charity!
25km – £79
50km – £129
Remember, when you raise £50 or more online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Decide on your challenge distance.
- Choose your fundraising option; charity sponsorship, mixed funding, or self funded.
- Register with the Chiltern 50 Challenge event oragnisers here.
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here.
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Boss the challenge and earn yourself a shiny medal! (Bragging rights are not included but can be expected) ;)
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will then notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
If you choose the charity sponsorship or mixed funding option, you will have to raise 50% of the agreed target 5 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 50% is due 4 weeks after the challenge finishes.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Action Challenge.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]