Will you take on the 271 mile Euro City Cycle to raise funds for Scotty's Little Soldiers? Your journey begins with a ride to the east coast of England to catch the overnight ferry to Holland. From here, its windmills and fast flat cycling to take you into Amsterdam where you can enjoy the delights this city is famous for. Pushing on, it’s back in the saddle for a further 2 days as you ride to Brussels!
This is an exciting cycle combined with breathtaking city sights and superb cycling. This challenge is suitable for every level of cyclist, so what are you waiting for?
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people at this event please visit the Euro City Cycle event site by clicking here. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received 10 weeks before departure, as agreed with the event organisers. If not your place may be cancelled.
YOUR FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
£125 reg fee + £1,720 in fundraising
Self Funding – pay the full cost and fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, which means there no cost to the charity!
£125 reg fee + £860 self funding
Remember, when you raise £50 or more online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Choose your fundraising option; charity sponsorship or self funded.
- Register with the Euro City Cycle event organisers, and pay your registration fee, here.
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here.
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Boss the challenge and earn a lifetime of memories and sense of achievement.
- Raise the final 20% of the minimum sponsorship within 4 weeks of the challenge ending.
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will then notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
If you choose the charity sponsorship you will have to raise 80% of the agreed target 10 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 20% is due 4 weeks after the challenge finishes.
A one way ferry crossing, one way Eurostar ticket, and accommodation during the challenge, are included but you will need to arrange your own travel and bicycle insurance, and accommodation for the evening prior to the start of the challenge. A full list of what is included will be provided by the event company but is also available on their website. Please follow the registration link, and go to the Itinerary header.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Global Adventure Challenges.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]