Passing through picturesque Kent countryside, you cross the Channel and continue through the small villages and medieval market towns of Northern France. With long days in the saddle and some strenuous hill-climbs, the sight of the Eiffel Tower finishing point, will evoke a real sense of achievement. The last day in Paris will allow you to explore the sights and soak up the romantic atmosphere of this majestic city!
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people at this event please visit the London to Paris Cycle event site by clicking here. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received 10 weeks before departure, as agreed with the event organisers. If not your place may be cancelled.
YOUR FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
£99 reg fee + £1,800 in fundraising
Mixed Funding – pay a higher contribution to the cost of your place and fundraise to a more achievable target.
£99 reg fee + £250 costs to company, and £1,300 in fundraising
Self Funding – pay the full cost and fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, which means there no cost to the charity!
£99 reg fee + £900 self funding
Remember, when you raise £50 or more online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Decide on your challenge distance.
- Choose your fundraising option; charity sponsorship, mixed funding, or self funded.
- Register with the London to Paris Cycle event organisers, and pay your registration fee, here.
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here.
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Boss the challenge and earn memories to last a lifetime.
- Raise the final 20% of the minimumsponsorship within 2 weeks of the challenge ending.
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will then notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
If you choose the charity sponsorship you will have to raise 80% of the agreed target 10 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 20% is due 2 weeks after the challenge finishes.
Travel and accommodation during the challenge, are included but you will need to arrange your own travel and bicycle insurance. A full list of what is included will be provided by the event company, but further details are available on their website. Please follow the registration link and go to the Detailed Information section.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Discover Adventure.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]