Challenge yourself just for one weekend and trek to the peak of North Africa - perfect for those who want to achieve something spectacular whilst only taking five days away from home, or for those who are new to charity challenge events and fundraising.
Your trek to the summit of Mount Toubkal will be tough and will certainly challenge you – the terrain is demanding and will involve scrambling over boulders and negotiating scree – but don’t worry; you'll have exceptional support and expert mountain guides - no previous trek experience is necessary. Together, as a team, you will will reach the summit!
Reaching the top of North Africa and looking across the valleys and mountains will be a feeling never to be forgotten. You'll end your challenge with a special celebratory dinner in Marrakech – a city full of charm, exotic delights and fantastic bargains!
Life has changed very little for the Berber people of this region and you’ll be lucky enough to witness first hand their culture and lifestyle, as you discover the real Morocco.
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people at this challenge, please visit the Mt. Toubkal Trek event site by clicking here. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received 10 weeks before departure, as agreed with the event organisers. If not your place may be cancelled.
YOUR FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
£199 reg fee + £1,744 in fundraising
Self Funding – pay the full cost and fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, which means there no cost to the charity!
£199 reg fee + £872 self funding
Remember, when you raise £50 or more online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Choose your fundraising option; charity sponsorship or self funded.
- Register with the Mt. Toubkal Trek event organisers, and pay your registration fees, here.
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here.
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Boss the challenge, and earn memories to last a lifetime.
- Raise the final 20% of the minimum sponsorship within 4 weeks of the challenge ending.
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will then notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
If you choose the charity sponsorship you will have to raise 80% of the agreed target 10 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 20% is due 4 weeks after the challenge finishes.
Flights and accommodation are included but you will need to arrange your own travel insurance. A full list of what is included will be provided by the event company but is also available on their website. Please follow the registration link, and go to the Itinerary header.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Global Adventure Challenges.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]