Want to be a 100km heroine or hero who takes on the Race to the Stones challenge? Join the award-winning Race to the Stones Ultra Marathon and tackle the oldest path in Britain – the iconic Ridgeway. Walk, jog or run to the historic Avebury Stone Circle. From sign up to the finish line, the Threshold team will support you every step of the way along this incredible journey! With a completion rate of over 90% this is the perfect 1st ultra.
Enjoy the stunning British countryside from the Chilterns to the North Wessex Downs, passing Bronze Age hill forts and Roman river crossings. This is a challenge inclusive of all ages, experience and fitness levels. Whether you’re a seasoned runner, patient plodder or weekend walker – choose to camp over the weekend or take on 100km in one go.
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people at this event please visit the Threshold Trail Series event site by clicking here. *Applications closed - 2023 event coming soon!* You will have the choice to take part in the non stop option, or the weekend, with or without camping, options. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that if 50% of the fundraising total is not reached by the date agreed with the event organisers, then your place will be cancelled.
When you raise £50 online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Decide on your challenge preference: non-stop or weekend option.
- Register with the Race to the Stones event oragnisers here. *Applications closed - 2023 event coming soon!*
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here. *Applications closed - 2023 event coming soon!*
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Smash the challenge and earn yourself a shiny medal, as well as a chance to brag. ;)
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
You will have to raise 50% of the agreed target 6 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 50% is due 4 weeks after the challenge finishes.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Threshold Sports.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]