Following your arrival in Lanjarón, you’ll enjoy dinner and a briefing on the Spanish Three Peaks adventure ahead. Then, after a good night’s sleep, you’ll be ready to spend the next 3 days taking on Los Tres Picos!
Veleta is first on the list, with a rough and rocky path to the summit at 3,394m. Next up is Mulhacén, mainland Spain’s highest peak at 3,482m, offering unbeatable views of the Sierra Nevada mountain range from the summit! The final trekking day is the toughest - taking you to the top of Alcazaba (3,371m), with a steep climb to the summit plateau after a trek through the lush green valley of Siete Lagunas.
Crossing the Sierra Nevada is going to be a tough challenge, but the view across Spain’s mainland from its highest peaks will provide all the motivation you need!
To join Team Scotty and fundraise for bereaved British Forces children and young people on this challenge, please visit the Spanish Three Peaks event site by clicking here. When you register you will be asked which charity you wish to support and will have the opportunity to select Scotty’s Little Soldiers.
Please note that 80% of the minimum sponsorship must be received 10 weeks before departure, as agreed with the event organisers. If not your place may be cancelled.
YOUR FUNDRAISING OPTIONS:
Charity Sponsorship – pay a small registration fee and do lots of fundraising!
£199 reg fee + £2,050 in fundraising
Self Funding – pay the full cost and fundraise whatever you want, with no set target or deadline, which means there no cost to the charity!
£199 reg fee + £1,025 self funding
Remember, when you raise £50 or more online we’ll send you a special Scotty’s morale patch. Raise over £100 online and a FREE running vest or t-shirt will be on it’s way to you!
Here's how it works:
- Choose your fundraising option; charity sponsorship or self funded.
- Register with the Spanish Three Peaks event organisers, and pay your registration fee, here.
- Set up your Just Giving fundraising page for Scotty's here.
- Update your fundraising page to let everyone know why you are taking part in the event for Scotty's Little Soldiers to raise money for bereaved military children.
- Share your fundraising page link on social media and ask friends and family to sponsor you, or encourage them to sign up too! Don’t forget to tag Scotty’s Little Soldiers or use the hashtag #HelpTheirChildrenSmile when sharing online.
- Once you raise the required target, as agreed on registration, we will confirm your place with the event organisers.
- Your supporters will love to know how things are going - Share your training journey along with your page link.
- Complete this amazing challenge and earn yourself memories to last a lifetime, teamed with a huge sense of achievement!
- Raise the final 20% of the minimum sponsorship within 4 weeks of the challenge ending.
What you need to know:
With this event you need to register with the event company, who will then notify us that you are fundraising for Scotty's. You will then need to register your Just Giving page.
When you set up your Just Giving page, the information will come through to Scotty's. Please make sure you provide the correct contact details so that we can support you with your fundraising and help you secure your place in the event.
Our Supporter Team will send you over a confirmation email within 48 hours of the Just Giving page being registered. Our offices are open Monday - Friday, 9am-5pm.
If you choose the charity sponsorship you will have to raise 80% of the agreed target 10 weeks before the event start date. Without this, we cannot guarantee your entry with the event organisers when they contact us for payment of places.
The remaining 20% is due 4 weeks after the challenge finishes.
Flights and accommodation are included but you will need to arrange your own travel insurance. A full list of what is included will be provided by the event company but is also available on their website. Please follow the registration link, and go to the Itinerary header.
Scotty's work with partner companies to advertise events. For this event we are working with Global Adventure Challenges.
Got a question? Then please feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected]