At Scotty’s Little Soldiers we are committed to protecting the personal information of all visitors to our web site.
The support provided to bereaved British Forces children and young people by Scotty’s Little Soldiers is funded by you, the great British public. We recognise our responsibility to keep any personal information you share with us safe and secure.
- We will never sell on your personal data to a third party.
- The only external parties we will share data with are those acting on our behalf of, and solely for use on activities relating to, Scotty’s Little Soldiers.For example, we use Mail Chimp, probably the biggest email marketing provider in the world, to send out our newsletter. In order to do this, we have to upload the email addresses of those who have opted in to the Mail Chimp system. We choose these partners carefully and ensure they have the very best encryption and their own privacy policies in place.
- We only add you to our newsletter database if you opt in.You can opt out at any time either by unsubscribing on the email itself, or by contacting us in writing at [email protected] or Scotty’s Little Soldiers, Unit 21 Bergen Way, King’s Lynn Norfolk PE30 2JG.
- We currently only use email for marketing purposesand typically send one email out per week. We do not and never will use telephone marketing or pushy sales tactics.
HOW DO WE COLLECT DATA?
We collect your personal information when you make a donation, purchase something from our shop, register your fundraising activity or make an enquiry to the charity.
We sometimes receive information about you from third parties, for example maybe if you sign up for a charity trek in support of Scotty’s through an event organiser, they would provide us with your contact details so we can support your fundraising.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information we collect may include your full name, date of birth, postal address, phone number, email address, credit/debit card details for payment processing, items purchased from the shop, donations made to us and any fundraising activities undertaken.
We also track the usage of our website, for example which pages are visited most frequently, to help us make improvements. Individual users are not identified within this data.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use the information we collect in one or more of the following ways:
- To deal with your enquiries and requests.
- To provide you with information about our products and services.
- To help support your fundraising activities.
- For administrative purposes.
- To process and record financial transactions such as donations, shop purchases, gift aid etc.
WE DO NOT provide any information to third parties unless they are acting on behalf of the charity and WE WILL NEVER sell your personal data for marketing purposes.
We may need to share your information with our service providers and partners who are acting on behalf of the charity and helping us to fulfil the above tasks.
Upon becoming a beneficiary of Scotty’s Little Soldiers, parents or guardians are asked to complete a membership form. The details included on this form are kept on our secure CRM system provided by Salesforce, one of the leading data companies in the world.
With your consent, some of the details of the membership form are confirmed by the Ministry of Defence before membership can be approved.
Access to beneficiary data is encrypted and only accessible by those within the Scotty’s Little Soldiers team who have a legitimate reason for access.
Personal information may be shared with external organisations only with your permission. This may include referrals to organisations providing bereavement counselling or other support activities.
We use the data collected on beneficiaries to provide a personal support package. This includes activities such as;
- Sending gifts and tokens based on the interests of individual beneficiaries.
- Making beneficiaries aware of new support activities or events available to them.
- Providing support at specific times of the year, for example surrounding the anniversary of a parent’s death.
Support Information is provided to beneficiaries via a password protected website (Members Zone) and where opted in, text messaging and email communications.
You can ask to see what information about you the charity holds at any time. Please contact us in writing at Scotty’s Little Soldiers, Unit 21 Bergen Way, King’s Lynn Norfolk PE30 2JG to request this information.
If you currently receive our email communication, it is because at some stage you opted in to hear more from us. You can opt out from this communication at any time. Please email [email protected]or write to us at the above address to request opting out from further communications.
Scotty’s Little Soldiers reserves copyright of all content on this web site, including but not limited to design, text, software, drawings, graphics and other files. None of these may be republished, reproduced, downloaded, displayed, distributed, posted transmitted or sold in any form or by any means in whole or in part without prior written permission of the Scotty’s Little Soldiers or the relevant copyright holder.
No part of this web site content may be reproduced and reused for any commercial purpose whatsoever. All page headers, button icons, collection material, custom graphics and all other types of graphics used on this site may not be copied or imitated without the right owner’s permission.