HR Trustee Job Description
The mission of this role is to provide oversight and guidance to the CEO and Head of People & Culture on the charity’s HR matters, ensuring it meets its legal obligations as an employee, and creates a great working experience. The role will also act as a mentor for the Head of People and Culture.
The charity is in a growth phase of development and many of the challenges it faces are akin to those of a start-up business. In the past few years, we grew from 10 to 20+ team members, with likely growth to 30-40 in the coming years to meet our long-term goals. A candidate with previous experience of organisations having gone through growth or start-up periods would be beneficial. The charity also likes to look for forward thinking solu<ons to crea<ng a great workplace and currently has benefits such as unlimited leave, flexible working (time / location), and a focus on ‘supporting’ rather than ‘reporting’.
You will hold accountability for:
- Overseeing and suppor<ng the charity’s people strategy.
- Suppor<ng the CEO and Head of People and Culture with key people related decisions.
- Ensuring that the charity has appropriate people policies in place.
- Suppor<ng the Head of People and Culture with technical processes.
- Advising on any recruitment, dismissal and disciplinary processes and cases.
- Overseeing the charity’s safeguarding policies and suppor<ng the Head of BereavementEduca<on & Safeguarding in their work.
- Keeping the board informed about its people-related du<es and responsibili<es.
- Responsible for the recruitment of new Trustees to the board.
- Sicng on the charity’s renumera<on commiVee.
The full role description can be found by clicking this link.