The programme also delivers essential ‘life skills’ and supports members in their transition into adulthood and independence. It’s an optional programme which allows Springboarders to dip in and out, when and if needed.
- Support with education placements and applications with college, university, apprenticeships and similar opportunities.
- Support with entering employment, writing CV’s, interview techniques and job searches.
- Offers training and support to become a “Scotty Buddy”.
- Online workshops specialising in key themes.
- Access to our Springboard virtual platforms (coming soon).
- Financial signposting such as accessing grants and making referrals to third party organisations.
- Providing 1:1 support with general information, advice, and guidance.
How you can support bereaved military young people:
If you know a child or young person who has experienced the death of a parent who served in the British Armed Forces, they could be eligible for specialist bereavement support from Scotty's Little Soldiers. Hundreds of bereaved military children aren’t getting the support they need but we are here to help.
- If you are seeking support for a bereaved military child or young person, click here.
- If you are the parent or carer of a bereaved military child or young person, click here.
- If you work with bereaved children & young people, click here.
- If you are a bereaved young person seeking support, click here.
Beth was our first ever Springboarder - read her story & how Springboard is helping her today.